Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Wedding...

Today was the big day, my Dad's wedding. It was an amazing day for it, perfect weather that wasn't too hot or too cold either, perfect for wearing a tux around without sweating up a storm, which was good too because tuxedos, while quite daper, are heavy. I easily took over 100 photos within the past two days, but my Dad and Stephanie, in their technological phobia, do not wish to have their photos posted on the internet. I however, have no qualms with it and will post many a picture.

Photobucket

First of all, yesterday was the rehersal and consisted of Grayson and myself helping set up the dining room, laying out the dishes, cutlery, and table clothes. Then we went down to the church and went through what we were doing. Now, I have never been to a wedding before, let alone be one of main players, but the rehersal really didn't prepare me for the actual day at all. The horse and carriage that was carrying the bride arrived earlier than some of the guests so we had to send them for another loop of the village (it was in a Heritage village, forgot to mention that before), but not before yelling rather frantically "Everybody needs to go inside NOW!" and then causing chaos as people rushed to get inside while others were coming outside to see the bride arrive. But she wasn't arriving and quickly rode off into the woods. This happened at least once more before the final arrival happened, at which point things started to fall into place. The supper was excellent and the dance afterwards was good for a dance, heck, I even danced for like 3 dances and thats not a common occurance. But alas the night ended (really early actually) and as people headed home we started to clean up, collecting all the wedding presents and the remaining drinks up into the van and brought them back home, then we had a riotous party using up the rest of the alcohol and burning all the wedding presents. That the only way to finish up a wedding.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You look stunning. I'm happy to here the wedding went well. Keep posting as I am living my biologist dream vicariously through your blog.

Lena said...

You are pretty much adorable, tee hee. I like the get-up. You should wear the same thing at your wedding:P

Hermano Rojo said...

Some might argue the flower behind the ear was too much, kitschy, or a cry for attention. I however contend that it was simply lovely.

Glad to hear you arrived in Oregon eventually! Too bad about your baggage!