Thursday, May 8, 2008

Almost ready

Well, today I finished everything that I needed to before I head out. I have my flights, complete with two stop overs (New York and Colorado I believe), and got my insurance too. Everything is packed up tight into my backpack and ready to leave when necessary. Why, you say, am I all already packed up if I am not leaving until Monday? Well my friend, its because this weekend is going to be buuuuusy. My dad is getting remarried, and tomorrow is the rehearsal and then Saturday is the final show, and then because my brother and I are in positions of importance, we get to stay late and clean the place up afterwards. So Sunday might be a bit of a write off, sleep in that one last time before I have to be getting up at midnight (Ontario time) every day.

I've been keeping my eyes out for all the birds around here, but apart from the really easy ones (robin, mourning dove, crow) I really haven't got it yet. I've still got quite a bit of reading to do before I make it down, but I have gone over the basics and have a few more days to go over the rest. But I haven't been able to go through any of my bird calls yet to familiarize myself with them. I figure I will bring the cds down and listen to them once I actually have some field experience and have something to work from.

I was pretty anxious about going earlier this week but today has been a good day, and I'm feeling pretty excited about going. Only 3 more days.

Yours truly
Huxley Turnpickle

No comments: