Monday, September 7, 2009

The magical mystery island tour.

To those of you that don't know, I am about to head out on a trip around the planet. The whole thing started as a result of getting a job down in Madagascar assisting PhD research on the ring tailed lemur, and snowballed from there as a result of getting an MNR job that actually paid. I decided to visit Australia beforehand. Then when booking flights I realized that it was slightly cheaper to spend a while in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. So I decided to spend a weekend there. But then I thought, no way am I going to not go to Borneo if I'm in Malaysia, so I looked into how much it cost to get and stay in Borneo. Turns out its quite easy and cheap. So I decided to spend 10 days there. Then I found out that two of my friends are planning to go to the World Cup in South Africa, at a time that is reasonably close to when I will be there. So they invited me along, and I extended my planned stay in Madagascar by 3 months to accomodate (now, not sure if I will be able to spend 3 months in Mada alone, but that will be determined once I arrive). So that leaves me with 5 months on the job in Mada and then 3 months travelling around, then about 2 weeks in South Africa for the World Cup. And then on to England and the rest of Europe for an undetermined amount of time.



And thats my next year. It should be incredible. I am going to update this blog as often as I can, which may not be that often as internet is about 5 hours away by ox cart while in Madagascar.

I leave tomorrow. I'll see you all in a year.

Ayden Sherritt

1 comment:

Hermano Rojo said...

You left today!
How's it going?